week sound i celena. solved

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Let me guess - I've had this on my wifes Toshiba satellite - the volume knob has been turned down - the most common question at the Toshiba support the guy said - and I felt pretty stupid :)
It's probably at the front
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

Lordnielson wrote: Nope its not that, i have alle buttoms at 100 % but still it wont give mee any strong sound
Check your mixer settings, check the preferences, really make sure you've clicked your way through every stupid sub-menu the volume mixer program has ..... Chances are that a channel is missing from your settings. I had the same problem on my HP laptop: There is a channel "PCM" which was enabled and turned on. And despite it being at max I could barely hear anything. After a lot of clicking I found out that I have another channel "PCM2" which didn't show up per default. And guess what: Enabling it to show up in the volume controls and turning that one to the max too all of a sudden gave me decent sound levels. Take a look as I said above. Chances are there could be something similar on your machine too ....
RSimpson
Level 1
Level 1

Post by RSimpson »

Nope, that doesn't work... it's already set at 100%, this can be checked by decreasing it - the sound becomes even quieter and then inaudible.

The solution is easy, though:
Add "options snd-hda-intel model=auto" to the bottom of /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base and reboot

Here is the bug report

(Judging by the replies, this same problem happens to all Toshiba Satellites)
RSimpson
Level 1
Level 1

Post by RSimpson »

Solved?

Has this fix been integrated into some sort of upgrade, or will at least be in the next version of Linux Mint?

Because I don't consider making users of one of the most common laptops (and possible other computers) to Google up the answer or sift through these boards to be a viable solution.

Most of the problem lies with Feisty, since this bug existed months before that was released, but still...
Husse

Post by Husse »

We have to wait and see what Gutsy brings.....
And yes there were to many oddities with Feisty

Return to “Other topics”