Loading Mint without a CD-ROM

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Loading Mint without a CD-ROM

Post by antiquexray »

I was given a Dell Latitude L400. I want to load Mint onto it, but it doesn't have CD and I don't think it is new enough to boot from a USB. How can I load Mint.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Loading Mint without a CD-ROM

Post by merlwiz79 »

antiquexray wrote:I was given a Dell Latitude L400. I want to load Mint onto it, but it doesn't have CD and I don't think it is new enough to boot from a USB. How can I load Mint.
It's in the How to section. :)
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3250
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Loading Mint without a CD-ROM

Post by antiquexray »

merlwiz79 wrote:
antiquexray wrote:I was given a Dell Latitude L400. I want to load Mint onto it, but it doesn't have CD and I don't think it is new enough to boot from a USB. How can I load Mint.
It's in the How to section. :)
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3250
Thanks for the reply, but the problem I have is it won't boot from a usb flash drive.
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

Ede wrote:After I formatted my usb-stick and all that, my laptop recognized it as a hard-drive. See if that applies to you too.

If that won't work, you could rip out the HD and install linux on it from another computer/laptop.
Thanks. How do I format the flash drive?

Return to “Other topics”