Ubuntu 7.10?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Ubuntu 7.10?

Postby raid517 on Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:02 am

Hi, is it OK to update via Ubuntu 7.10 mirrors now?

If not when will this be possible.

Thanks.
raid517
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby clem on Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:27 am

It's possible but a bit risky. If you do, make sure to keep your celena repository and "add" the daryna one:

deb http://www.linuxmint.com/repository daryna/

Without this you'll break firefox and a few other packages. Beware of the fact also that Daryna isn't stable yet... and same goes for its repository.

Clem
clem
Level 15
Level 15

Postby jbaerbock on Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:54 pm

Yeah not to mention Gutsy is unstable in itself so just be careful. I jumped the gun and installed it right away and it sucked. Right now I am running Celena again and do not plan to upgrade untill Daryana stable. Thank God for Mint.
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Postby sanguinemoon on Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:51 pm

I jumped the gun too. The only problem that I've noticed so far is that Ubuntu didn't update my menu.lst properly.

How I realized this a bit peculiar. I couldn't get to GDM. So I edited xorg.conf to use the nn driver insetad of the nvidia. Once in X, I looked to see what kernel headers were installed, the right ones were. So there seemed to be no reason for the nvidia driver to not work. That is untill I looked at the uname -a. It was still booting the "old" kernel, so I had to edit my menu.list
sanguinemoon
Level 2
Level 2

Postby jbaerbock on Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:10 am

Lol well Mint just froze on me and I didnt even do anything to break it. So I could not get it to work again or boot so Im back in Kubuntu.
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Other topics