Getting Wine to work

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vinoman
Level 5
Level 5

Getting Wine to work

Post by vinoman »

I installed Wine and have added the FireworksMX.exe file to its config window. But how do I get it to install and run?

Wine seems rather confusing for something that's so popular.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vinoman
Level 5
Level 5

Post by vinoman »

Thanks that worked as far as getting it installed, but when it opens its not all there. It starts to flip out if you know what I mean. It's unstable and I'm not sure if it's going to work like a normal Fireworks install. I tried to install Dreamweaver and it really wigged out! So I don't know how to get it to work. Maybe Wine is still an unstable program.

If Gimp was more organized I would use it more often, but they don't have a batch process for resizing multiple images and that should be easy to do!

Thanks again :)
vinoman
Level 5
Level 5

Post by vinoman »

Thanks for the wine doors. I installed it and ran Fireworks, but its still shaky. and Dreamweaver froze during install. It's a nice idea to use some windows programs in Linux, but I'm safer using native Linux programs. Mint runs so well without wine programs. Maybe one day they will work better. For now I'll put up with Gimp and Kompozer and Bluefish. The more I use them the more I like them. :)

Return to “Other topics”