fglrx and new kernel?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

fglrx and new kernel?

Postby blu3ness on Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:09 am

Hi, thinking of switching distros because of instability that gutsy has brought forward on my laptop, this is mainly due to the fglrx bug that causes hibernate and suspend to not work at all with the new SLUB kernel module.

I'm loving Mint and i'm wondering if there is similar problem, or a workaround already in place for me to jump the ship?

or should i stick with a stable version such as Celena?

Thanks all!
blu3ness
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Husse on Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:52 am

Welcome to Mint blu3ness
For now - stick with Celena. Daryna is still beta.
I must say I have not seen anything about your specific problem. I will give you an answer when I've got one myself
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby blu3ness on Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:17 pm

Hi there :P

Yes I have made the switch to Calena, staying away from Daryna for now, the fglrx incompatibility with the new SLUB module has been confirmed on ubuntu launchpad already, it is a serious bug for me because I use Mint/Ubuntu on laptop, therefore, suspend will prob help me get an extra of 2~3 hour battery time.

So far i'm loving Mint, I like the shortcut it provides in contrast to ubuntu, I also like the deb package system, godsend for lazy ppl like me :P

I'm grateful for such a nice distro, keep it coming guys :P
blu3ness
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Other topics