Problem opening C drive in Wine

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
aristarchus22

Problem opening C drive in Wine

Post by aristarchus22 »

I try to open the C drive in Wine environment ether form manual or terminal, and every time VLC player will open and try to run all file in c drive as media file. It will showed all of them in the playlist . It will also gave a error report as in the following:
"No suitable decoder module
VLC does not support the audio or video format "undf". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this."

I did uninstalled both program and reinstall them, but with no improvement!

Thank you for the help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Elisa

Re: Problem opening C drive in Wine

Post by Elisa »

It happened to me too that some movies weren't able to play in VLC but MPlayer, SMPlayer or Movie Player did the job :)
sgosnell

Post by sgosnell »

In Nautilus, the file manager, right-click on the folder, select 'Open with another application', choose Nautilus, check 'Remember this application', and the folder should open with Nautilus afterwards.
aristarchus22

Post by aristarchus22 »

But how do you find C: drive in Nautilus environment I found Window Folder under media, but not C: drive itself.
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

You mean this? :shock:
/home/your_account/.wine/drive_c/ ...

Or if u mean your Window$ partition/disk, you have to mount it first. Then, in fact you won't see anything like "C:\" :lol: but you will recognise the win disk by its contest...
sgosnell

Post by sgosnell »

Your "c: drive" in wine will be in /home/user/.wine/drive_c, where user is your username. To find it in Nautilus, you have to press Ctrl-H, to view hidden files. Any Linux file or folder with a '.' as the first character is hidden by default.
lesstatt

Post by lesstatt »

If you are using kde desktop or otherwise

1. create a desktop link with thei command:

"xdg-open .wine/drive_c" (without quotes)

2. use avdaced options and set it to run in terminal

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

If it does not work contact me through my site joeldellinger(dot)info

Return to “Other topics”