laptop door login prompt

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

laptop door login prompt

Postby ldconfig on Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:57 pm

Hello
First i have search google linuxquestions and ubuntu with no luck. I tried using the search button here and try my best to be specific with very bad results.
I have a Dell precision M90 laptop running linux mint 3.1 and i LOVE it :) ... I have GDM set to autologin and the screensaver off (no boxes checked) under power management i have the 'when laptop is closed' option set to Blank Screen and sleep options set to never on AC power. When i close the lid it goes blank just like its suppost to but when i open the lid its asking for my password I want to disable that prompt when i open the lid so it just turns the screen back on.
The only thing i have found is /etc/acpi/lid.sh and i opened it with nano and i have no idea at all what most of it means. So is there any way to disable that login promt when i open the lid on my laptop without going to school for a number of years to learm programing???
ld
ldconfig
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby ldconfig on Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:51 pm

Found it .... NO THANKS to the folks on linux mint and ubuntu forums and irc .
under /etc/default/acpi-support
comment out LOCK_SCREEN=
I wish the folks on irc would spend time helping linux users rather than helping code apache.
Hope this helps someone
ld
ldconfig
Level 1
Level 1

Re: laptop door login prompt

Postby Kynan on Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:45 am

Thanks i was also wondering about this. I wouldn't have had a clue well found.
Kynan
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Other topics