laptop door login prompt

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ldconfig
Level 1
Level 1

laptop door login prompt

Post by ldconfig »

Hello
First i have search google linuxquestions and ubuntu with no luck. I tried using the search button here and try my best to be specific with very bad results.
I have a Dell precision M90 laptop running linux mint 3.1 and i LOVE it :) ... I have GDM set to autologin and the screensaver off (no boxes checked) under power management i have the 'when laptop is closed' option set to Blank Screen and sleep options set to never on AC power. When i close the lid it goes blank just like its suppost to but when i open the lid its asking for my password I want to disable that prompt when i open the lid so it just turns the screen back on.
The only thing i have found is /etc/acpi/lid.sh and i opened it with nano and i have no idea at all what most of it means. So is there any way to disable that login promt when i open the lid on my laptop without going to school for a number of years to learm programing???
ld
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ldconfig
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ldconfig »

Found it .... NO THANKS to the folks on linux mint and ubuntu forums and irc .
under /etc/default/acpi-support
comment out LOCK_SCREEN=
I wish the folks on irc would spend time helping linux users rather than helping code apache.
Hope this helps someone
ld

Return to “Other topics”