Dissapearing Windows

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Dissapearing Windows

Postby hkington on Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:15 am

I have downloaded and done a fresh install of Daryna 4.0 final twice. The problem I am having is any time I minimize a window either in Firefox or with the local folders the window appears to be sucked down to the lower left corner of the screen and I can't find any evidence that it still exists in the task bar. In other words...it's gone. This does not occur until after all the catch-up updates have been installed by the system. I have not tried to activate any of the fancy screen candy. I am using a nvidia graphics card and have downloaded the driver via Envy. Can anyone assist me with this issue? I am not too tech savvy,so please be gentle.
hkington
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Dissapearing Windows

Postby antiquexray on Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:20 am

hkington wrote:I have downloaded and done a fresh install of Daryna 4.0 final twice. The problem I am having is any time I minimize a window either in Firefox or with the local folders the window appears to be sucked down to the lower left corner of the screen and I can't find any evidence that it still exists in the task bar. In other words...it's gone. This does not occur until after all the catch-up updates have been installed by the system. I have not tried to activate any of the fancy screen candy. I am using a nvidia graphics card and have downloaded the driver via Envy. Can anyone assist me with this issue? I am not too tech savvy,so please be gentle.

OH MAN. This has come up before and not a hard fix. It has to do with you adding something to the panel that got deleted (I know, I did it too). Let me check and I'll get back to you.
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Postby antiquexray on Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:22 am

Here it is. Try this link http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... dow&t=3363

Let me know.
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Postby hkington on Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:32 am

Thank you Antiquexray! It was so simple. The anxiety level has greatly diminished. Wow! I didn't know so many windows icons could fit on the task bar. This forum is great!
hkington
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Other topics