FireFox going dim, then locks system solved

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: FireFox going dim, then locks system

Post by Husse »

Nope - this is not Ubuntu, it's Firefox
At least I think it's Firefox that has problems.
In the new Ubuntu and thus Daryna when an application gets gray it's working hard and close to be ready and then it gets back to normal - fire up Synaptic and see what happens if you search for some application....
So if it stays gray its locked
But the entire screen should not be grayed out...
So we have to look at Firefox. Are you doing something special when it happens?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
enchance
Level 3
Level 3

Post by enchance »

Yeah, this is so annoying in firefox. It just goes gray and sometimes takes a very long time. The only programs I'm running alongside it are Deluge, XMMS, Gnome Terminal and some Nautilus windows. I hope Firefox v3 finds a fix for this since it is most certainly a resource allocation problem.
enchance
Level 3
Level 3

Post by enchance »

I hate to say it but I think the Windows version of Firefox ran faster than the one bundled in Linux. :evil:
Husse

Post by Husse »

It's odd isn't it?
A lot of people complain about Gutsy being unstable - and thus Daryna should be unstable. It's so far rock solid for me.....
I've had similar experiences in lots of cases, but then I have had applications that were unstable so they were useless when others had no problems at all. That's the strange world of computers.
What about uninstalling the present version and finding an older or newer version
Here is a link to the latest version 2.0.0.9
http://www.mozilla.com/products/downloa ... lang=en-US

Return to “Other topics”