how do i get xp out of my dual boot ? solved

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wltdwiz
Level 1
Level 1

how do i get xp out of my dual boot ? solved

Post by wltdwiz »

hi all
well windows is history its linux mint all the way
but i set my labtop up as a dual boot system
is there a simple way to get xp out of my dual boot ? without losing my existing mint setup ?
so the whole hard drive will be in linux ?
i love this system by by windows.......................
thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: how do i get xp out of my dual boot ?

Post by Husse »

Basically it's no problem, but there are some problems as I've stated elsewhere
You probably had XP before Mint which means that when you remove windows there's an "empty space" "before Mint" on the disk. I write before meaning closer to the beginning and therefore faster. The difference in speed is probably not too important, but still.
If you had three partitions, XP, Mint and swap, its time to move home to it's own partition where XP used to be
http://www.linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php ... _partition
If you already have home on a separate partition, post your partitioning scheme and we'll have to figure out something

Re: how do i get xp out of my dual boot ?

Post by Guest »

thanks for the help
i opted to do a fresh install
all is good now
i love mint it rocks .. good by windows for ever
Husse wrote:Basically it's no problem, but there are some problems as I've stated elsewhere
You probably had XP before Mint which means that when you remove windows there's an "empty space" "before Mint" on the disk. I write before meaning closer to the beginning and therefore faster. The difference in speed is probably not too important, but still.
If you had three partitions, XP, Mint and swap, its time to move home to it's own partition where XP used to be
http://www.linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php ... _partition
If you already have home on a separate partition, post your partitioning scheme and we'll have to figure out something

Return to “Other topics”