distorted sound in video games

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
angelbeast
Level 3
Level 3

distorted sound in video games

Post by angelbeast »

It's me again...when i go to play video games like alien arena the sound is all distorted...is there anything i can try to fix it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint 19 “Tara” Cinnamon
Razer Blade Pro 17in full HD
Husse

Re: distorted sound in video games

Post by Husse »

Find out when the sound is distorted. Check audio settings in the programs you run, and lower the volume - it can be that the sound output becomes too high so it gets distorted
angelbeast
Level 3
Level 3

Post by angelbeast »

Husse wrote:Find out when the sound is distorted. Check audio settings in the programs you run, and lower the volume - it can be that the sound output becomes too high so it gets distorted
Hi...Thanks for the reply...The sound is distorted all the time...and it's not distorted like it's up too hugh...it's more like there is a separate layer of sound and that is what is distorted...does that make any sense?
Linux Mint 19 “Tara” Cinnamon
Razer Blade Pro 17in full HD
Husse

Post by Husse »

Sorry, don't get it :) But things like this are hard to describe. But as you say layer of sound - do you have any other sound turned on so there's some kind of mix that distorts?
I think you may have to recheck settings for sound, including the source
It's not all that uncommon (also in Windows) that games behave a bit strange in all sorts of respect
Adler
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Adler »

Husse,

I've got several games on my Notebook e.g. Alien Arena, Balazar, Billiard-GL, Sauerbraten, etc. However, I am not fast enough with my key board.

Is there a USB Gamer Controller that you would recommend that I could use to play these games?
Adler

Wildwood, New Jersey -- On The Jersey Shore
What Doesn't Kill Me, Makes Me Stronger - Friedrich Nietzsche - Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich starker
Adler's Home @ http://www.jjmacey.net/, And Where I Have Been.
Blog @ http://jjmacey.net/blog/
Husse

Post by Husse »

Thanks stafio
That may well be the answer. I don't play games much, never have, and I don't have the patience that's needed in many games. So I have to rely entirely (well...) on what I find googling - did not find that one...
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I posted this fix for Cassandra. It is along the same lines as the above mentioned fix. http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... =42&t=3698
This fixed Alien Arena for me.
Husse

Post by Husse »

When I see this I remember posting some solution along this line in may I think
Takes too long to find it... Post number 400 or so :)

Return to “Other topics”