Panel applets don't work right in Daryna solved

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dw5437
Level 3
Level 3

Panel applets don't work right in Daryna solved

Post by dw5437 »

My son installed Daryna on his pc and added 4 desktops with workspace switcher installed from the panel. When he
switches to another desktop he gets a big cube which rotates to the next desktop. I thought this was nice so I installed Daryna on my home pc and all I get is the regular desktop switch with no cube rotating. His worked like that out of the box but mine won't work no matter what. Also if it makes any difference my computer is a high dollar gaming machine and his is a cheapo HP. Just goes to show you :shock: :shock:
Any help much appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Panel applets don't work right in Daryna

Post by Husse »

Do you have the right drivers for 3D? Note that ATI still has problems, but I think the latest drivers (7.12) should be OK
Go to Control Center > Appearance
Select the appropriate alternative on the "Visual effects" tab.
It's installed but not turned on from start in case you don't have the right drivers.
You have to install ccsm (Compiz Control and Settings Manager) You find it in Synaptic. We had to leave it out by default as some people reported serious instability with it installed - this is something inherited from Gutsy
Hopefully you are not affected.
When you've done that you will find the "Advanced desktop Effects Settings" option in Control Center
Open the "General" option go to the "Desktop size" tab and change "Virtual horizontal size" from 2 to 4 and you have the cube.
Sorry for the complicated procedure, but rather safe than sorry
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

strait question, what kind of video card do you have?
dw5437
Level 3
Level 3

Post by dw5437 »

I have the geforce 6800 ultra Nvidia with restricted drivers installed.
dw5437
Level 3
Level 3

Post by dw5437 »

Nevermind. I set up appearance in control panel and it started working. Many thanks for the help. :D :D

Return to “Other topics”