selinux not enabled on startup

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dw5437
Level 3
Level 3

selinux not enabled on startup

Post by dw5437 »

I read somewhere that selinux is not setup on Mint at startup. I looked in the control center and can't even find it. So, how do you get selinux to work ? Sorry this is a not too bright question. I have been using linux for years and should know better. Any help appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fred

Re: selinux not enabled on startup

Post by Fred »

Well...

There are a number of things you can do to harden linux and set up granulated permissions. Try googling selinux and I am sure you will find more than enough material to keep you occupied for a while.

Mint is not set up to utilize the selinux methods. it is more a general purpose desktop system. Of course, since it is linux, I am sure you could redo it if you chose to.

Enjoy :-)

Fred
dw5437
Level 3
Level 3

Re: selinux not enabled on startup

Post by dw5437 »

Thanks for the info. I thought I read somewhere that selinux was available in Ubuntu but was turned off by default.
I should have googled first and asked questions later.

Return to “Other topics”