Thinkfree online office freezes up my computer!

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Thinkfree online office freezes up my computer!

Postby MercuryMan2000 on Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:14 pm

Hello Everybody!

I'm new to these forums but certainly not to Linux. Anyway, just discovered Linux Mint and am running Bianca on my Dell Inspiron 4150.

So far, pretty impressed. However, in trying to use the java apps at http://www.thinkfree.com my computer freezes up right at the initial sign in.

Another site, Ajax did not freeze up, but would not actually load data files into the java based app.

Anyone got a clue? I'm just beginning to look into why. If I discover more info I'll amend this post.

Thanks!

Matt Anderson
Estacada, OR
MercuryMan2000
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

It's worse than that!

Postby MercuryMan2000 on Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:45 pm

Now it seems as if lot's of different web sites cause my computer to lock up.
I've cleared the cache files in Firefox and was able to get on here and post this message...

I'm hoping that other sites will work now too....

Matt Anderson
Estacada, Oregon
MercuryMan2000
Level 1
Level 1

Postby pghjake on Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:51 pm

Now what's interesting about this is that I have to do the same thing periodically in WINXP and IE7 at work for Java apps, particularly PeopleSoft ePro and Kronos Workforce. I don't think this is a Linux issue but a Java web app issue. My Linux box at home and my XP box at work both are running current Java revs. No issues on the Linux box, only the XP box but I don't run the same apps :D
pghjake
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Other topics