Mint Burn solved

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Rainman

Mint Burn solved

Post by Rainman »

I've tried downloading and burning Mint three times now, when I finish burning and "verify" the burn, I get errors. I'm burning slow, @ 8x. I've tried downloading both the Torrent and the CD from this site...no luck... :(

I've been running Ubuntu, and want to try Mint.

Anyone help?

Thanks,

R.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Mint Burn

Post by Husse »

Unfortunately the torrent has been somewhat unreliable (it's been abused) but the normal downloads should work.
Before you try to download again check the md5sum of the ISO you have
md5sum name_of_ISO
Then burn at the slowest speed possible, 8x may bee high
If you get errors when you try to verify the burn I feel that might as well be the burning program having problems, which do you use?
yamawho
Level 3
Level 3

Post by yamawho »

Also, the CD's you are using might be bad ... try another brand.
Rainman

Post by Rainman »

I finally managed to download and burn [@ 4x] a good copy of Mint. Installed it and it looks great.. :D

Just one thing wrong. When I installed the ATI drivers using Envy, it stuffed up my desktop.

I'm going to try again, i'll dual-boot with Ubuntu....well, triple-boot actually, as i'm dual-booting Win XP and Ubuntu already.

R.
Husse

Re: Mint Burn solved

Post by Husse »

You could try uninstalling the drivers install the latest Envy and install again
or go to ATI and download and install yourself

Return to “Other topics”