Linux sucks - Im brain washed by windows ?

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cailsum

Linux sucks - Im brain washed by windows ?

Post by cailsum »

Hi, ye im new to linux, and after installing,or at least trying to install nearly every linux os i could find, Mint turned out to be the one that ticked most boxes. My initial view of any linux was no better than that of running windows 95, what you see is what you get, and to be honest Puppy 525 does it best, untill that is i hit Youtube i was impressed at what can be achieved through Linux. Being open sorce too, i regret that its only down to my ignorance, and bing a little nieve, that i really dont know confused im doing? as with windows is built for IT idiots and has taken all the skils required to run a decent install of any linux os ? So bare with me, my first request for help is - when you run LINUX MINT (LISA) LIVE, my touch screen worked a treat, then after full install and updates, touch control crashes? also how do you left click via Touch? Please help cos i dont have a mouse :-/ i have my Tablet pc install disk, but im lead to believe that LINUX cant run .EXE ? except via Wine, which doesnt really help me for my Touch screen problem. :roll:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TBABill
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Linux sucks - Im brain washed by windows ?

Post by TBABill »

I can't help with the touch screen as I do not have Linux on a touch device, but .exe files will not run in linux. Yes, within Wine you can run them, but they are executables written for Windows and natively run in a windows environment, not a Linux environment. Linux is not a Windows clone in any way...it's a completely different OS with its own file system, file types, executables, methods of management, etc.
cailsum

Post by cailsum »

ye its a whole new ball game for me, and i refuse to pay for a legit copy of windows. Touch in linux os has been hit or miss, im just a little gutted that its works perfect on a live install, but not once installed ? well it works from boot, then crashes soon after. do you know who can help, or at least point me in the right direction ?
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

You can try installing the kernel updates from Synaptic Package Manager, Status > Installed (upgradeable) at the left, then right-click linux-headers (twice) and linux-image and mark them for upgrading.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”