Pozdrowienia z Polski - Greetings from Poland

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.

Pozdrowienia z Polski - Greetings from Poland

Postby asobczak on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:33 am

Hi Everybody,
I am new user in UEFA Euro 2012 host city Warsaw. Being absolutely no-football man I grabbed some time and install Mint on my new hardware. Decided to install something robust at home, since my 10 years old laptop dying consistently, my Android phone is more powerful than laptop, cloud is everywhere but my old laptop.
Tried to install pure Debian and failed. then Ubuntu and failed, then positioned next to desperado (have been thinking about ...OK bwords not applicable here) tried Mint and - voila it runs without any problem, nice stable and efficient.
Immediately start processing my photos, developing sql, install all software I need - the only problem I have with SQL Workbench but I hope to solved it eventually one night.
My first OS was ...George3, anybody knows what it was? Hmm, look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GEORGE_(operating_system). Since then I have been using Win mainly with short breako for SGI (wonderful machines :D ).
I decided to use Linux at home for its price, available packages and software and last but not least: great people !!!
Good to be here!
Intel® Sandybridge Desktop 64b Intel® Core™ i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz × 4 MEM 3,8 GiB
Kernel 3.10-2-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit) Distro Linux Mint Debian Edition
Distribution : Linux Mint Debian Edition
asobczak
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Pozdrowienia z Polski - Greetings from Poland

Postby defcon on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:50 am

Welcome :)
defcon
Level 3
Level 3

Postby The-Wizard on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:04 am

Welcome to the mint family forums

wizard
asus M2N-MX board, AMD x2 6000 amd/ati graphics 4x1mb ddr2, 21" HD screen Mint 16-64 cinnamon
Acer ZG5 -peppermint dell 1545 mint 16-64

"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that i don't know the answer " [Douglas Adams]
The-Wizard
Level 8
Level 8

Postby xenopeek on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi asobczak, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for joining the forums! Not a football man either, but then how can I be in the Netherlands :roll:

Be sure also to check out the Community website (ideas, tutorials, and hardware and software reviews), and the Cinnamon Spices website for adding even more themes, applets and extensions to Cinnamon. Also check the mintBox, the Linux Mint computer.

You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.
Forum Rules | IRC Channel Rules
Arch Linux / 64-bit / Gnome Shell
xenopeek
Level 21
Level 21

Postby asobczak on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:51 pm

Thank for worm welcome.
Intel® Sandybridge Desktop 64b Intel® Core™ i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz × 4 MEM 3,8 GiB
Kernel 3.10-2-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit) Distro Linux Mint Debian Edition
Distribution : Linux Mint Debian Edition
asobczak
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Apoc220 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Dzien Dobre! Welcome to the boards. My wife is polish so I know a little bit. Went last year on vacation with her and I loved it! Great food, great people, no complaints!
Apoc220
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Introduce yourself