New to Mint

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.

New to Mint

Postby marouane87 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:37 am

Hello,

I'm Marouane. I think it was a good opportunity for me to discover Linux Mint when I was looking for an alternative for Ubuntu Unity... (even if it has the potential to be something good, but it still need a lot of work...).
In my country (Tunisia), there's a lot of local teams promoting Ubuntu, Fedora, OpenSuse (these are the ones I know about)... And I do believe Linux Mint should be promoted as well in Tunisia!
So, even if I'm still finding my way to explore all the potential of Mint, I've started a blog about it (and I've already put a little request on the art forum to help me with the banner). I'll try to make some tutorials. Even if the forum is in French (that's the langage used in High techs in Tunisia), I'll try to help in arabic versions of Linux Mint (starting with the users guide...), it would take sometime, but late is better than never, right :D ?
marouane87
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: New to Mint

Postby kc1di on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:04 am

Welcome to Mint and the Forums.
Glad to have you on board. Thank you for promoting Mint and linux in your country.
Cheers,
Dave
:D
John 3:16
Morse code an Early Digital Mode
Registered Linux User #462608
LinuxMint 17.1 Cinnamon/Mate
kc1di
Level 7
Level 7

Postby The-Wizard on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:06 am

Welcome to the mint family forums

wizard
asus M2N-MX board, AMD x2 6000 amd/ati graphics 4x1mb ddr2, 21" HD screen Mint 17-64 cinnamon
Acer ZG5 -mint 17 Xfce dell 1545 mint 17-64

"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that i don't know the answer " [Douglas Adams]
The-Wizard
Level 9
Level 9

Postby xenopeek on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:00 am

Hi Marouane, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for joining the forums!

Be sure also to check out the Community website (ideas, tutorials, and hardware and software reviews), and the Cinnamon Spices website for adding even more themes, applets and extensions to Cinnamon.

You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Have fun with Linux Mint :wink:
xenopeek
Level 21
Level 21

Postby marouane87 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:53 am

Thank you :D
I had a question and I didn't find where to ask it but here. For my blog, I use French, is it OK to have tutorials from the community site and translate them for the blog?
marouane87
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Introduce yourself