New member from Turkey

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ilkermutlu

New member from Turkey

Post by ilkermutlu »

Hello all,

I had to stay away from Linux for some time since around Ubuntu adopted Unity. I was really excited to come back to Linux, but was quite reluctant to install Ubuntu and deal with Unity which I find quite hard to be productive in a development environment.

So I decided to give Mint a shot. I've been playing with it for some hours now. Installation was almost seamless, I've set up my base development environment and I can say that I can't wait until tomorrow morning to do some more tweaks.

Things are going well so far (well, may be I should not speak so soon as I will dive in Wine to install Photoshop and MS Office tomorrow ;) ) and I'm glad I have Mint a shot.

Also looking forward to spend some more time in the forums.

Cheers!
Ilker
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: New member from Turkey

Post by exploder »

Welcome to the forum Ilker! Glad to hear you are doing so well with Mint. :D Also, good luck with your installs in Wine tomorrow. I look forward to seeing you around the forum.

exploder
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
ilkermutlu

Post by ilkermutlu »

Thanks for the welcome.

Despite all my positive comments yesterday, I woke up, started my system and wireless connection decided not to work, out of the blue.

I can trace back the problem and solve it, but that's rather unacceptable in a production environment. If I have done some update or installed something extra or did some tweaking, I would embrace the problem, but when that occurs without a single bit of change injects all kind of doubts into my mind.

I simply cannot tolerate booting up to a disconnected system in the middle of a project with a tight schedule. So, I decided to install Mint on my testing/hobby/play box and move my production environment away from Mint.
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

Welcome to the forums!
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3

Return to “Introduce Yourself”