Mint all the way! say hello from Thailand!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
srikaewa

Mint all the way! say hello from Thailand!

Post by srikaewa »

Hi there, please allow me to introduce myself into this community...
I've bin a Linux user for a long long time. Not considered a guru or anything, just a daily user with some beginner experiences.
I've bin using laptop as my main machine for more than 10 years. My last laptop is a 4-years-old Sony vaio with a slow ULV
core2duo 1.2Ghz and a slow harddisk (once, I've found out that it's the same harddisk that's used in iPod... no upgrade then)
so my last Linux experience was only with the distro with light weight window manager. I was very impressed with Mint the most though.
And finally, I can afford a new laptop, still Sony Vaio T11 and I didn't hesitate to try Cinnamon Mint 13. A huge new experience
for me as my new machine has 32Gb of SSD for installing OS. Everything 's lightning fast (compare to my old machine). Just
a problem with wireless network card (Intel Centrino 2230) in which its driver didn't get loaded or something. I've found a conflict
in backlist file and solved the problem after 2 days of searching for solution. Everything else works like a charm. Cinnamon is
a huge impress for me. With its extension and applet, along with multitouch trackpad, very happy I am now.

So say hello and thank to the Mint team and this community. You guys rule!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Mint all the way! say hello from Thailand!

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Hi srikaewa, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for joining the forums! The T11 looks pretty awesome, so congrats on the new laptop with the new Linux Mint Cinnamon :mrgreen:

Be sure also to check out the Community website (tutorials, hardware and software reviews, ideas), and the Cinnamon Spices website for adding even more themes, applets and extensions to Cinnamon.

You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Have fun with Linux Mint :wink:
srikaewa

Post by srikaewa »

Thanks! I'm really enjoying the new Mint on the new machine... give me more work production.
By far the Cinnamon Mint gives me the best experience of using Linux...

:D:D:D

Return to “Introduce Yourself”