howdy folks, from High Level, Alberta, Canada

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
catguy

howdy folks, from High Level, Alberta, Canada

Post by catguy »

well here i am trying yet another Linux distro (wait a minute, this is not just another Linux distro) :shock:
I have Linux Mint 13 32bit MATE/Cinnamon working on my Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop, until a few days ago, I had the other OS 7 32bit with office 2010 (to be legal and not feel guilty, poor Mr. gates) I paid for both the OS and the office disks (man do I feel like a dummy eh!).
While talking with my brother this past weekend, he told me about this here new Linux OS that he was trying out, well not to be out done, I had to try it out myself. A couple of adjective's come to mind here, WOW!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!
Now if I could find a broadcasting program as good as SAM broadcaster from SpacielAudio that would work with Linux Mint, I would be very happy, I DJ on a internet radio station. Oh yes, I also have to use the windows OS for my flight sim X, but Linux Mint is staying on my laptop.
A real BIG THANK YOU :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: howdy folks, from High Level, Alberta, Canada

Post by xenopeek »

Hi catguy, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for joining the forums! Is your brother already here, or did you beat him to the forums?

Nothing wrong with using the best tool to do the job. So if that is Windows for one and Linux for another, don't sweat it. A somewhat common motto heard around here is "use whatever works best for you". As for SAM Broadcaster, Internet DJ Console is mentioned as an alternative for Linux. Might be worth a try. FlightGear is reportedly the best flight sim on Linux, though I don't know enough about it or FSX to compare them.

Be sure also to check out the Community website (tutorials, hardware and software reviews, ideas), and the Cinnamon Spices website for adding even more themes, applets and extensions to Cinnamon.

You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Have fun with Linux Mint :wink:
The-Wizard

Re: howdy folks, from High Level, Alberta, Canada

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the mint family forums

wizard

Return to “Introduce Yourself”