Glad to announce

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.

Glad to announce

Postby reptilezone2002 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:31 am

well guys im glad to announce that i have moved from ubuntu to mint 13.. im sick of what ubuntu is doing them self & us ... well mint this is perfect for now but i dont know whether they will take the same path as ubuntu.. with the unity & nautilus changes .. crappp


:D
reptilezone2002
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:27 am

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.
 

Re: Glad to announce

Postby xenopeek on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:20 am

Hi reptilezone2002, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Your post should probably go here, so I've moved it. Thanks for joining the forums!

Be sure also to check out the Community website (tutorials, hardware and software reviews, ideas), and the Cinnamon Spices website for adding even more themes, applets and extensions to Cinnamon.

You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Have fun with Linux Mint.
User avatar
xenopeek
Level 21
Level 21
 
Posts: 14513
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:58 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Glad to announce

Postby The-Wizard on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:16 am

welcome to the mint family forums

wizard
asus M2N-MX board, AMD x2 6000 amd/ati graphics 4x1mb ddr2, 21" HD screen Mint 16-64 cinnamon
Acer ZG5 -peppermint dell 1545 mint 16-64

"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that i don't know the answer " [Douglas Adams]
User avatar
The-Wizard
Level 8
Level 8
 
Posts: 2347
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:12 pm
Location: Bedforshire, ENGLAND

Re: Glad to announce

Postby reptilezone2002 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:07 am

tx guys i did try cinnomon but didnt like it much as mate . im addicted to the 2 pannel desighn hehehe..
reptilezone2002
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:27 am

Re: Glad to announce

Postby xenopeek on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:43 am

You can easily have Cinnamon work with two panels :D Open Cinnamon Settings, go to Panel, change Desktop layout to Classic (panels at the top and at the bottom).
User avatar
xenopeek
Level 21
Level 21
 
Posts: 14513
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:58 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Glad to announce

Postby bimsebasse on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:58 am

reptilezone2002 wrote:well guys im glad to announce that i have moved from ubuntu to mint 13.. im sick of what ubuntu is doing them self & us ... well mint this is perfect for now but i dont know whether they will take the same path as ubuntu.. with the unity & nautilus changes .. crappp


:D


That you can be sure of, our main developer dislikes those things as much as you do. But the Nautilus changes were made by Gnome, not by Ubuntu, though, Mint will have the same Nautilus unless patches are made or another file manager is chosen as the OS default.
Thank you for this thread. That’s all I can say. You most definitely have made this forum into something special. You clearly know what you are doing, you’ve covered so many bases. Thanks!
User avatar
bimsebasse
Level 7
Level 7
 
Posts: 1709
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:21 am
Location: Scandinavia

Re: Glad to announce

Postby reptilezone2002 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:18 am

bimsebasse wrote:
reptilezone2002 wrote:well guys im glad to announce that i have moved from ubuntu to mint 13.. im sick of what ubuntu is doing them self & us ... well mint this is perfect for now but i dont know whether they will take the same path as ubuntu.. with the unity & nautilus changes .. crappp


:D


That you can be sure of, our main developer dislikes those things as much as you do. But the Nautilus changes were made by Gnome, not by Ubuntu, though, Mint will have the same Nautilus unless patches are made or another file manager is chosen as the OS default.


thats sad but i didnt saw the main prob with nautilus in mint13 mate.. the file size calculation thing.. its very confusing in ubuntu.. without the real world changing y did they do that .. eg. size of an empty cd is still 700Mb not 730Mb or so
reptilezone2002
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:27 am

Re: Glad to announce

Postby reptilezone2002 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:21 am

Vincent Vermeulen wrote:You can easily have Cinnamon work with two panels :D Open Cinnamon Settings, go to Panel, change Desktop layout to Classic (panels at the top and at the bottom).


oh i didnt know that ill try now tx
reptilezone2002
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:27 am

Re: Glad to announce

Postby reptilezone2002 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:20 am

ok couple of things so far in cinnomon

1. its very unstable crashed 5 times now
2. the filesize canculation thing is here in cinnomon. but not in mate
3.the clock is always wrong

may b will just use mate for now untill cinnomon becomes more stable & mature one thing i like in cinnamon beside the eye-candy is the use of low ram & cpu . thats great
reptilezone2002
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:27 am

Re: Glad to announce

Postby xenopeek on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:28 am

Have you updated Cinnamon to latest version? A bug affecting some users' stability was just fixed few days ago. But MATE is also awesome :mrgreen:
User avatar
xenopeek
Level 21
Level 21
 
Posts: 14513
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:58 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Glad to announce

Postby reptilezone2002 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:18 am

Vincent Vermeulen wrote:Have you updated Cinnamon to latest version? A bug affecting some users' stability was just fixed few days ago. But MATE is also awesome :mrgreen:


no i installed it to my laptop well its a mess there.. after i installed to my desktop.. well i think its working in my desktop very litle crashes there
reptilezone2002
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:27 am

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.
 

Return to Introduce yourself

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests