Linux Mint XFCE User

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Volspor

Linux Mint XFCE User

Post by Volspor »

Hello everyone,

My name is Blake, I go by Volspor on the Internet. I have fully switched over from Windows to Linux Mint 100%, unless I am at my Technology school where I dual boot both Windows 7 and Linux Mint 13.

I have been using Linux Mint 13 XFCE for over 4 months now. I am more then happy to say that this distro has pleased me a lot.

I hope you all don't mind me being here, as for I am not a new user to Linux distro's and I know what I am doing with Windows/Linux/Mac.

Thanks,
Blake
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wyrdoak

Re: Linux Mint XFCE User

Post by wyrdoak »

Nice to have you here.
caerolle

Post by caerolle »

Hi Blake!

Great to see you here! Welcome the to the Mint Forums, and belatedly, to Linux Mint!

I am a big fan of Xfce, too. I really like the simple, clean interface, and the ease of customization. I recently switch to MATE, though, when I inadvertently found out that Caja (Nautilus) gives you the ability to do tabs, and some other things that Thunar won't do. I know you can add Caja to XFce, but the Mint XFCE already has a lot of GNOME-ish things anyway, and with adding Caja, I didn't see much difference in just going to MATE, which is also easy to customize.

I hope you find the Forums rewarding!

Caerolle :)
jesica

Post by jesica »

welcome to the forum
axel668

Post by axel668 »

Welcome to a fellow XFCE user :)
The-Wizard