Back to Linux - Cosmin from Germany

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cos667

Back to Linux - Cosmin from Germany

Post by cos667 »

Hi all,

After almost 2 years i decided to try again an Linux Distro that still use the very practical and classical interface
that i've liked and used on Wind. and Linux since years (left Panel/Taskbar buton, central point to start and so on...)
The nice and practical experience Linux Mint offered inside the VM was impressing for me during the 2 weeks of testing :)

Secondly, i decided to join the happy colleagues at work that use Red Hat Enterprise 6.3 (Open Client),
and therefore i've noticed directly how much the main Linux Distros have evolved
(fyi: i work for IBM as Wintel System Engineer since 4 years therefore working mainly Winzows the entire day)

The third reason was for me was the direction in which the competition is heading... after testing for around 3 weeks Win8 and latest Ubuntu version.
One of the most annoying detail for me was "the Touch" discovering that if i like to increase my hand muscles i go to gym, i don't need any 27" inch touch screen... :)
On smartphones is ok... on tablets is ok... but if they bring that to Desktop PC users or Server Administrators they will "burn in flames" and loose a lot of money.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Back to Linux - Cosmin from Germany

Post by xenopeek »

Hi cos667, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D And welcome to the Linux distro for desktops and laptops; no touchy interfaces here. Thanks for joining the forums!

Be sure also to check out the Community website (ideas, tutorials, and hardware and software reviews), and if you picked Cinnamon as your desktop environment then also the Cinnamon Spices website for adding even more themes, applets and extensions to Cinnamon.

You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Have fun with Linux Mint.
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
jesica

Post by jesica »

:mrgreen: Good day and welcome to the forum

Return to “Introduce Yourself”