Hello Linux Mint Community!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Spencerk2416

Hello Linux Mint Community!

Post by Spencerk2416 »

Hey there, I've recently been interested in some of the Linux distros. I've had no prior experience with installing them besides the easy to use Ubuntu installer, which practially does all the work for you. I've gone ahead and made a Linux Mint 13 "Maya" installation CD and installed it. I love the distrobution so far, I'm looking around and exploring most of the time. I went ahead and made an account and intro thread on here because I plan on keeping up with the community, and for the mass of knowledge that the forums hold. I've completely wiped out all my prior Windows partitions and installed Linux Mint 13 "Maya". I guess it was a little gutsy, considering I know a tiny bit of information about Linux. I guess now I don't have to worry about purchasing further Windows operating system licenses.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caerolle

Re: Hello Linux Mint Community!

Post by caerolle »

Hi Spencer!

Welcome to the Mint Forums, and to Linux Mint! I hope all continues to go smoothly for you. If not, the Forums are a great resource for research and for getting help.

caerolle :)
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day and welcome to the forum :)
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Hi Spencerk2416, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for joining the forums!

Be sure also to check out the Community website (ideas, tutorials, and hardware and software reviews), and if you picked the Cinnamon edition of Linux Mint, the Cinnamon Spices website for adding even more themes, applets and extensions to Cinnamon.

You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Enjoy the minty side of life 8)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”