Intro

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ShinyPC

Intro

Post by ShinyPC »

Hello all. I studied computer science in the late 70s and worked mostly on Wang, then IBM computers until PCs became available. I have been using and programming PCs since the Z80 models. I started building my own PCs in 1990 and lived through the DOS, Win 3.1, 300 baud dialup, $40/Mb ram and extended memory, Oh and dedicated word processors with 8 inch floppies.. What a differance today. I switched to Linux Mint 12 after Ubuntu went to Unity and haven't looked back. RIP Windows. I love my flash drives, the web and of course Linux. I developed my own computerized web based irrigation control system for which I had to learn HTML, javascript, perl, ajax, php. It;s just amazing to see where PCs are today. My favorite web site is Hak5 but the forum here is where I go for help. Tomorrow I think it's time to learn the Android OS. And it's more fun then ever.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Intro

Post by xenopeek »

Hi ShinyPC, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for joining the forums! I was a little later to the party, having but used 5 1/4" floppies and 1200 baud dialup. I never knew back then how spoiled I already was :lol:

Be sure also to check out the Community website (ideas, tutorials, and hardware and software reviews), and if you picked the Cinnamon edition of Linux Mint, the Cinnamon Spices website for adding even more themes, applets and extensions to Cinnamon.

You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Have fun with Linux Mint.
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day and welcome to the Linux Mint Forum :mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”