Yet another Ubuntu covert

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sumanameghu

Yet another Ubuntu covert

Post by sumanameghu »

Hi,
Not exactly a question just yet, but more in the nature of an intro. I've been a longtime Ubuntu dabbler (I just checked on ubuntuforums and was taken aback to find I'm a member since 05) and of late a serious Ubuntu user. Unlike some others my decision to "convert" is not due to Unity! I started to run into problems with my keyboard locking up initially on video sites and then after I upgraded to 12.04, even otherwise. And for some reason I can't get any more help in the Ubuntu community anymore :-(
Which forced me to resort to using Win 7 which has been pretty uneventful so far.

But I like LInux and the package approach to s/w and really want to explore some of the interesting s/w products (KMyMoney for instance) and also the relative freedom from virus threats.

So I'm embarking on my Mint adventure now and have read other posts where people have been able to reuse their /home directory and so on. Not yet downloaded Mint but will do so in the next week or so.

FWIW, I root for the Vikings and the Twins and anyone playing the Cowboys, the Yankees and ManU.

Hoping for a meaningful involvement with Mint
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”