WOW!!!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Picaflor_Azul

WOW!!!

Post by Picaflor_Azul »

Hi,

I tried Linux mint a year or so ago, when you still had all the unity stuff in there. I ended up going back to Ubuntu and have used kde, xfce, twm, and lord knows what else, with rather limited success. This morning I installed Linux Mint 14. Wow!!! All the basic functionality I had been accustomed to was there, and it was a breeze to find and set up. You guys have done an incredible job. Thanks so much and keep up the good work.

Thanks,

Anne
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: WOW!!!

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
overthetop

Post by overthetop »

Welcome aboard! :P
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Welcome back :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day and welcome to the Linux Mint Forums

:mrgreen:
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Hi Anne, welcome back :D Linux Mint never shipped with Unity, but with Gnome Shell and extensions. Same difference :wink: It's been replace with Cinnamon, which the Linux Mint developers and community have been working on this past year. Happy to read you are enjoying Linux Mint today!
Picaflor_Azul

Post by Picaflor_Azul »

xenopeek wrote:Hi Anne, welcome back :D Linux Mint never shipped with Unity, but with Gnome Shell and extensions. Same difference :wink: It's been replace with Cinnamon, which the Linux Mint developers and community have been working on this past year. Happy to read you are enjoying Linux Mint today!
Hi again,

Actually, I'm using mate, although I didn't know it when I made this post. I just installed Linux Mint Mate 14 on the second of my computers, the oldest we have. It is an Athlon dual core 64, 2.0 ghz. With ubuntu on it, we were using twm to make it just barely usable. Now it is working like a champ. It's really nice to be able to put off buying a new computer. So, WOW!!! again. Kudos to everyone who put this together.

Thanks,

Anne

Return to “Introduce Yourself”