Hello everybody

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mfluder

Hello everybody

Post by mfluder »

Hello everybody. Just joined the user forum. I've been using Linux Mint full time for over a year. Currently running Linux Mint 13 Maya cinnamon 64-bit. It is simply the greatest operating system I have ever used. I tried many other Gnu/linux distributions, but Mint is the one that completely moved me away from windows. I've worked with PCs for 20 years. Been working in IT for 5 years. My PC is the only machine on our domain running Gnu/linux. :D I've made a few converts to Mint. (Including my wife) :D I no longer offer tech support to people having problems with their personal windows computers. Instead I burn Linux mint DVDs and hand those out. Glad to say that I am finished using Windows and ALL M$ products forever. The software center has some of the finest apps I have ever used. I found replacements for every single windows app that I had. (And I used quite a few of them). I want to thank The entire Linux mint team for their hard work and continued vision on such an important project. It is going to be my pleasure donating to such a worthy effort. I absolutely LOVE Cinnamon and I am looking forward to future Mint releases with great anticipation. Thanks again Clem and team!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Hello everybody

Post by xenopeek »

Welcome aboard :D Made you your own topic, so we can welcome you properly :wink: Cinnamon sure is a beauty, and the next release has many promises to be even better!
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello mfluder,
It's good to have here on the forum I'm sure with your background you will be of help to many others.
Enjoy :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day

Welcome to the Mint forum

:mrgreen:
mfluder

Post by mfluder »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I really appreciate it. I'm really impressed with the openess of the mint community and would be more than happy to contribute in any way that I can. I've been using Mint since Katya and have dug in quite a bit since then. I love finding out how cinnamon works behind the scenes. Last project I completed was to make a customized Linux Mint 13 boot iso using UCK 2.4.7. That was a great addition to my grub4dos usb flash drive. :wink:
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the mint family forums

wizard

Return to “Introduce Yourself”