Greetings!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
phlux

Greetings!

Post by phlux »

Greetings, everyone! I'm a long-time Linux/BSD user, and I've just recently discovered Linux Mint when setting things up on my wife's new laptop. After setting her up with LMDE (Cinnamon) I decided to play around a bit. I was incredibly impressed with what I saw, and it made me second guess using Gentoo on my laptop.

This all happened yesterday, so I'm still struggling with the idea. I would likely keep Gentoo on the desktop, but as far as everyday use and getting performance out of my laptop, I believe something like LMDE would benefit me a lot. Everything just seemed to work on her laptop, and I've been without a webcam/mic ever since I installed Gentoo. I understand that my mileage will vary, but I'm really hoping that should I decide to go through with making Linux Mint my main operating system that I can have as much fun with it as I have while using it on my wife's laptop.

I honestly have a few questions when it comes to my conversion, but I will post them on another subforum so I can stick to topic. I'll be sure to link the thread here once I'm done writing it up in case any of you can help me address some of my concerns!

I look forward to meeting all of you, and I hope that I can give back to the Linux Mint community in a positive manner through means of support and of course, donations!

EDIT: Questions and concerns thread is located here: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=126982
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Greetings!

Post by xenopeek »

Welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for sharing your awesome first impressions! Though of course we are now all wondering if your wife is also enjoying LMDE Cinnamon or if you are occupying her laptop :wink:
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
phlux

Post by phlux »

xenopeek wrote:Welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for sharing your awesome first impressions! Though of course we are now all wondering if your wife is also enjoying LMDE Cinnamon or if you are occupying her laptop :wink:
As hilarious as it is, I actually did take over her computer for a good 1-2 hours last night. I finally got around to showing her what was amazing me so much and her question to me was "Why didn't you show me this stuff earlier?!" She's extremely happy with Linux Mint Debian Edition, which makes me happy in return! Now maybe I won't have to do too much work to keep her up and operating! :mrgreen:
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day
Welcome to the Mint forums
:mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”