Good Riddance to Windows

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
onf78

Good Riddance to Windows

Post by onf78 »

Hi,

Complete noob in the world of Linux, but due to a failing hdd and a replacement being fitted, i decided to leave windows behind and start using Linux mint 14 with cinnamon.

I can say I'm very impressed with Linux, the speed and simplicity makes it a joy to use the PC again, and leaving lots and lots of Malware behind (YAY).

So like i said a complete newbie, so you will probably see me around asking lots of noob Questions.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Good Riddance to Windows

Post by catweazel »

Welcome aboard.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello onf78 and welcome to the land of linux and Mint :)
good to have you on board, you'll find much help.
Happy computing.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

I know many people who have suffered major breakdowns but still will not move away from M$, although many are in my age group and don't need gaming machines, yet my daughter whose lappy was only 2 yrs old got fed up with slow speeds and constant freezes.. asked dad [who is too old to know about computers in her mind] to install the same program he uses, so i installed M13 for her and she has never looked back [although dad has to do the updates and additional programs for her] :lol:

wizard
overthetop

Post by overthetop »

Welcome to the Mint Forums! :D
FT-897

Post by FT-897 »

Yeah, no day that I have to use megas$haft winduhs can possibly be a perfect day. The outrage is all of my time that M$ wastes.
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day,

Welcome to the forum,

:mrgreen:
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day,

Welcome to the forum,

:mrgreen: