Greetings from Myanmar

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mo3gyi

Greetings from Myanmar

Post by mo3gyi »

Hello everyone.

I'm new to Mint as well as linux as I have been using it only about one year. Started with Ubuntu Presice, I lately become a distrohopper because linux has so many choices of distro. I have heard of Mint since the first day I used linux and used Mint at some points of my hopping. (Maya with Cinnamon, Mate & XFCE as well as LMDE Cinnamon Up6)

Among the DEs, my favourite is XFCE and I enjoyed Xubuntu a lot. I used Maya XFCE at some point but I did not find any reason to move from Xubuntu Presice as it was working like a charm and Maya XFCE has some problems FOR ME. (Eg. inability to edit app menu using alacarte which can be done in Xubuntu, double notify osd while changing volume via panel using mouse wheel)

However, I have heard about the fact that Mint devs are always willing to listen to their users and I admire it a lot. Recently, I went to Mint Blog and read comments under new release sections. I was surprised to see Clem responded the comments and feedbacks of users with RESPECT.

That is the main reason I become a fan of Mint. To be honest, I prefer Unity over Cinnamon. I admire Ubuntu for what they have done and what they are trying to do. I still think Xubuntu Presice is MARGINALLY or NEGLIGIBLY better than Maya XFCE (for me). But I am using Maya XFCE because I like Mint devs and Mint community. I feel like I will always be cared. Kudos!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Greetings from Myanmar

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
overthetop

Post by overthetop »

Welcome to the Mint Forums!
mo3gyi wrote:To be honest, I prefer Unity over Cinnamon. I admire Ubuntu for what they have done and what they are trying to do. I still think Xubuntu Presice is MARGINALLY or NEGLIGIBLY better than Maya XFCE (for me).
You are entitled to your opinion. :D
mo3gyi wrote:However, I have heard about the fact that Mint devs are always willing to listen to their users and I admire it a lot. Recently, I went to Mint Blog and read comments under new release sections. I was surprised to see Clem responded the comments and feedbacks of users with RESPECT... I am using Maya XFCE because I like Mint devs and Mint community. I feel like I will always be cared.
That is what makes Mint such a great os.

Enjoy your stay! :P
Adelante

Post by Adelante »

Hi, mo3gyi :D
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day

Welcome to the forum :mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”