New user...

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
prabhat

New user...

Post by prabhat »

Hi,

I am new user of linuxmint from India chosen LMDE cinnamon. I recently ditched ubuntu because of their unacceptable behavior.

I don't like their tabletised interface, online integration and cloud service.

Tabletised interface: there is no need to go in that direction. If they need an their OS work on mobile and tablet they can easily design other interface or i would say the current interface is acceptable for mobile and tablets. For desktop I will go for old one.

Online integration: I don't understand why anyone would need this on their desktop or laptop? What the point of privacy we will get. And personally i don't want to convert my desktop to tablet.

Cloud service: Why this???? If i need cloud service i can go for anyone there are dozen of cloud services available. In my case drop-box.

I don't understand what's wrong with these people they earned the trust of the people by working hard. They can't afford them to loose them because of their silly mistakes. I heard linuxmint team listen to their customer if it is true they can hits the bulls eye.

My personal request to linuxmint team is please don't follow the path of canonical. Stay what you are, provide us the OS simple, straight forward and which work out of the box.

After all this is my personal perspective... I would like to know the thought of other peoples...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: New user...

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Welcome aboard!
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
dieselboyDB

Post by dieselboyDB »

Welcome to mint, there are a lot of helpful people here in the mint forums and community.
I hope you enjoy using mint as much as I have.

dieselboyDB
jesica

Post by jesica »

Welcome to the forums :mrgreen:
overthetop

Post by overthetop »

Welcome aboard prabhat! :D

Return to “Introduce Yourself”