Hello Everyone

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
futurepardon

Hello Everyone

Post by futurepardon »

So I decided to sign up for the forums here. I've been running and tinkering with linux for.. about 4 years now. I have spent time here on the forums, and a few times in irc when looking for a quick solution to an issue, and I thought it might be nice to talk with other like minded folks, and also maybe I could offer a little help to others when I am able to.

I have probably installed at least one flavor or another of the releases since Mint 9 (Isadora I think) and over the years we've had times we had 5 or 6 pcs running, tinkered with simple file/print servers, a home theatre pc, and other towers/notebooks/netbooks. As time has gone by I (like many) grew tired of the boxes of excess parts and the server with 4 old drives screwed to a slab of plywood (lol) and have downsized greatly.

So these days we have a couple notebooks, one running 13 with mate (my other half is a die-hard gnomer), my little 1.6ghz netbook running Linux Mint Debian with LXDE Desktop on top of Mate (it runs fast with the LXDE, I left the Mate underneath), and a new notebook I got yesterday that came with this fancy new UEFI gadgetry, which I managed to figure out with a bit of trial and error and have installed all 3 of the new LM15 releases on (Cinnamon, Mate, XFCE) and a dedicated grub part. It's a HP with the AMD A8. They all run great on it, I'm settled into the XFCE desktop as it's a favorite of mine, (PS Thank you for another XFCE release Clem and team xD - save me a bit of time tinkering ^ ^ and the new whisker menu is pretty neat - although admittedly I have both the new whisker and the trad menu currently available on the taskbar, comparing the two.

I'll spend some time with the LMDE on this new notebook down the road a bit.. as it does boot, however the video drivers need updated, and maybe (or not) other drivers as well.

Alright well thats enough rambling out of me, I just thought I would drop a line here in the introductory section. Take care everyone :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by catweazel »

"welcome to the mint family forums" (TM)

(TM) The copy-paste wizard
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
overthetop

Post by overthetop »

Welcome aboard futurepardon! :D
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

nice to see you like the builds... welcome

wizard
jesica

Post by jesica »