Salutations from Vancouver Island

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
drewdlekins

Salutations from Vancouver Island

Post by drewdlekins »

Hi everyone. I'm relatively new to the Mint scene, not as new to Linux as a whole. I'd run various flavours of Ubuntu going back to 2008, until the introduction of Unity, which I didn't care for much and didn't run well on my laptop. I spent some time hopping between Xubuntu, the radical Mint 12, CrunchBang, Debian, and then tried various flavours of Mint 14 again.

Now that I've begun to settle after two years of hopping around with my hair on fire, I figured I'd become more of a regular around here. I signed up for this account awhile back, but never used it much.

The thing I absolutely love about Mint the most is the choice we're given. We're talking about Debian levels of choice when it comes to desktop environments offered out-of-the-box, but with the better bits of Ubuntu underneath. Of course with that choice comes difficulty for a Gemini who can't make up his mind. Eventually I settled on MATE; not because it's better than Cinnamon, though. I think Cinnamon is brilliant; it's what Gnome Shell should have been. I use MATE because I like the Gnome 2 workflow, and because my five-year-old laptop flies with it. My partner has a brand new Acer she's using the XFCE variant on.

So, without keeping you any longer, HI! And thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Salutations from Vancouver Island

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the forums,

wizard

Return to “Introduce Yourself”