I'm Newbie, But This Is Awsome!!!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
abufatih

I'm Newbie, But This Is Awsome!!!

Post by abufatih »

Dear all Linux Mint Users... I am a new Linux Mint user from Indonesia. And as a first post, I will share a story why I choose Mint as my main OS.

A month ago, I bought a low-end notebook with specs: AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 2GB DDR3 & 320 HDD.

Since I love performance rather than graphical interface, I decided to install the notebook with Win XP SP2, but I got a lot of performance issues. Just for instance, it needs more than 60 seconds to boot. After that, I tried 7 & 8 without any luck in terms of performance and return worst. My notebook acted like Pentium I / II.

I almost blame my notebook until I tried Ubuntu 13.04. With Ubuntu 13.04, my notebook runs faster than Windows OS. Yet, I don't like its UNITY. (FYI, I had good experience with Dapper, Edgy & Feisty before). After a week using Ubuntu + UNITY, my notebook turned slower. And I feel it's not fit to my need because I'm computing only for office works and online activities.

After reading several reviews, then I removed Ubuntu replaced with Linux Mint 15. And at the first sight, I can say that this is the real OS I want. It runs fast, smooth and all drivers running properly although I only use the default drivers.

The only problem I got from Linux Mint is the blurry fonts which hurt my eyes, and I think it must be drivers problem. To solve this, I installed ATI Radeon proprietary drivers downloaded from AMD site, and the result is fvcking awsome.

Now my low-end AMD notebook runs extremely fast and I never thought it can be like this before. For that reason, I should thank to Linux Mint developers & the community. That's why I join this forum.

As a last words, this is really awsome os. :D

----
Sorry for my bad English.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: I'm Newbie, But This Is Awsome!!!

Post by The-Wizard »

you could have installed the ATi Radion drivers via the Mint additional drivers,but never mind the result would have been the same..

so Welcome to the mint family forums

wizard
mank_in

Post by mank_in »

Selamat Datang di Linux Mint Forum. :)
Ingat , linux mint forum juga ada versi bahasa Indonesia : http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewforum.php?f=227
Cuma masih sepi :wink:
abufatih

Post by abufatih »

The-Wizard wrote:you could have installed the ATi Radion drivers via the Mint additional drivers,but never mind the result would have been the same..

so Welcome to the mint family forums

wizard
I've tried installing ATI proprietary from driver manager, but it caused my screen flickering during startup & shut down. I know It's probably the drivers version which is a little bit outdated. That's why I downloaded directly from AMD site and now works like a charm. And the most important thing is, there's no problem so far. Even, I can install several Windows programs through wine witthout any problem too. :D

Anyway thanks for the reply. Sorry for my bad English.
mank_in wrote:Selamat Datang di Linux Mint Forum. :)
Ingat , linux mint forum juga ada versi bahasa Indonesia : http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewforum.php?f=227
Cuma masih sepi :wink:
Oke mas bro... Moga aja ane bisa ikut ramein forunya ehehe... :D
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day and welcome to the forum :mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”