Greetings from Montana

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
operator11

Greetings from Montana

Post by operator11 »

I'm looking for a way to download all programs from several repositories. I have a project where I need to build a closed network, no access to the internet what so ever, but users will be using linux mint for desktops. I'll build my own repository for the users, but I need a way to copy the initial files to a portable hard drive. and once a month update the drive.

Anyway, Hi! I'm fairly new to Linux, but have been using Unix since 1995. Mostly SCO and AIX, some Solaris. I haven't had too many problems as of yet, it is the little differences that trip me up. :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Greetings from Montana

Post by tdockery97 »

You'll find most of the packages used by Mint/Ubuntu available in a couple of places.

packages.linuxmint.com

packages.ubuntu.com

Oh, and welcome to the Mint Forums. :D
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Webtest
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Webtest »

Greetings back from Pennsylvania!

Package Manager has a mode where it will list all of the files required to install a package. It will also "download only" (not install) the files, but I never can remember where it puts them. For me, it is easiest in a Terminal session. I just create a version-specific folder and "apt-get download <filepath>" each of the files. Of course, this only works for applications in the Package Manager. Once you get the files, the command "gdebi" works great to install everything. Switch over to the "Newbie Questions" forum for more details or assistance on this. Warning: Sometimes the correct repository is no longer available, or has been moved, or is just hard to find. Hello! Good Luck!

Blessings in abundance, all the best, & ENJOY!
Art in Carlisle, PA USA
BOAT - a hole in the water that you pour money into
LINUX - a hole in your life that you pour TIME into

HP dx2400 Core 2 Duo 8 GB. Mint 13/15/17.x/18.x Mate <on LOCKED SD cards, and Kanguru USB drives> No Hard Drive / No SSD
Crewp

Post by Crewp »

Welcome :D
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
jesica

Post by jesica »