Hello from an ex-Arch user

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
VerityProductions

Hello from an ex-Arch user

Post by VerityProductions »

Hi everyone!

I've been using Linux for almost two years. For about one year of that I was a developer with Manjaro Linux, a user-friendly Arch-based distro. I was responsible for their wiki (about 80-90% is mine, hence my name usually being in screenshots), documentation (i.e. the .pdf manual) and the design and development of their Openbox flavour.

After leaving, had a crack with Arch for a while, figured it out, but still felt that overwhelming nostalga for my Mint 13 XFCE + Compiz setup I had when I first started out; easily my favourite distro and version of all time. Arch isn't really for me - certainly not a bleeding-edge rolling release distro - so I decided to come back "home". Although Arch works very differently, the knowledge I gained still helped with customising 13 to run on my newest laptop (e.g. installed kernel 3.10 for its features and wireless support).

So now I've decided to throw in my lot with Mint, and will hopefully make a meaningful contribution here on the forums. Now I just need to re-learn how a non-systemd distro ticks!

Shame I seem to be stuck with my current user name; my real name is Carl! :roll:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Crewp

Re: Hello from an ex-Arch user

Post by Crewp »

Welcome to Linux Mint :D
k357k9
Level 4
Level 4

Post by k357k9 »

Welcome. :D
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the mint family forums

wizard
VerityProductions

Post by VerityProductions »

Thanks everyone! :D
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

Welcome, and I have to say I always liked Arch descriptions and troubleshooting forums
--lots of comprehensive help there: and I sometimes hop over to Gentoo, since they also operate mainly with the command line
jesica

Post by jesica »

Greetings from the Mint family :P

Return to “Introduce Yourself”