Hello everyone from Germany

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mane76

Hello everyone from Germany

Post by mane76 »

Hello community,

I just want to introduce myself:
My name is Mane, coming from Germany and working with Linux for almost 19 years.
Currently I am using opensuse on my desktop / notebook and the VDR-server, yaVDR on the VDR client, freetz on the Fritz!Box.
I came to Linux Mint as I searched an alternative OS for a Samsung Netbook.

Well done guys, I really appreciate Linux Mint...could be an alternative when I update one of the other machines.

All the best, have a good start in 2014, cu in the forum.

Mane76
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Hello everyone from Germany

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family froums

wizard
Crewp

Post by Crewp »

Welcome to Linux Mint :D
Derek_S
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Derek_S »

Hello Mane and welcome to the forum. What do you like or dislike about openSUSE? I used it until about two weeks ago, and thought it was a very good operating system. A little more technical than Mint, I felt that it was focused more on software development and testing, but was still a good choice for the casual user. I have already tried a half dozen Linux distributions, I think you can't go wrong with either openSUSE or Mint.
"When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself." - Tecumseh
mane76

Post by mane76 »

Hello Derek_S,

as I said I use opensuse since almost 19 years on different desktops, servers and notebooks.

clear likes:
- intuitive usability
- stable and acceptable maintainance period
- good community
- as you said good mixture between development and regular use

clear dislikes:
- almost nothing

Linux Mint was a try to use linux on a netbook....and it worked fantastic out-of-the-box. Due to the fact that I am not focused on development and testing Linux Mint could become my 1st choice in future....excessive testing on the netbook will follow ;-)

Lg, Mane76
wanderer7

Post by wanderer7 »

Welcome to Linux Mint, Mane. :D
jesica

Post by jesica »

Greetings from the Mint family :P

Return to “Introduce Yourself”