Change email address

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Expatbrat

Change email address

Post by Expatbrat »

Hi

I registered on this forum many moons ago, there was a very helpful guy called Hesse or something like that. I believe he passed away. Anyway I re registered using an old email address expecting to get a "you have forgotten your password" message and did not get one. So now I would like to change my email address as the old one will soon die completely and I can not see how to change it.

Many thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Change email address

Post by xenopeek »

You can change your email address on the user control panel (link on top left of this page). Direct link to the email address change page: http://forums.linuxmint.com/ucp.php?i=p ... eg_details
Expatbrat

Post by Expatbrat »

Many thanks, I had already registered under the email address I wish to use #*#"! I'll try and login with it and sort it out.
Expatbrat

Post by Expatbrat »

I cannot login with the original email address as i have forgotten the username I used. Any suggestions gratefully received.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Ah :) Okay, please send me a private message with your other email address and I'll find your username that goes with it. You can private message me with the PM button on the right of this post, below my username and avatar image.
Expatbrat

Post by Expatbrat »

Hi

I am not sure the pm went. It appears stuck in the Outbox and not in the Sent box where it should be, right.

Rob
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

It went through fine :) Private messages stay in your outbox till the addressee reads them, then they move to sent folder.

I've deleted your older account from 2010, AsturiasRob, as it had zero posts. I've set the email address you sent me to your account Expatbrat.

Anyway, welcome to Linux Mint :D
Expatbrat

Post by Expatbrat »

Brilliant, many thanks.

Rob
Crewp

Post by Crewp »

Oh and by the way welcome back :D
jesica