Hello Fellow Minters!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.

Hello Fellow Minters!

Postby ServerGuru on Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:36 pm

Hello All:

I've tried mint in the version 12 era and hadn't had a lot of time to play around with it. I've installed and tried many other distro's and although they are acceptable for the most part, I've found Mint to be top notch and of great interest. So far I've discovered that this version will dominate anyone brave enough to take the plunge and dive into a Linux Mint desktop environment. If I had my way about it and it will happen soon enough, the windowzz dominance will be superseded by the new and exciting world of change and will empower people to take their ideas, mindset and willingness to improve the computing world as we know it today.

I would like to thank those responsible for Mint, it's development and it's overall design as it has made a huge difference in the way a linux head looks at the everyday environment in which he works. Thank You!

As far as who I am and where my interests are, I'm a techno-geek with over 15 years of hand on computing experience under my belt. Although I had never touched a computer until I was in my mid thirties, (yes, that would make me older)! I'm so glad I was enlightened into the world of technology. I was always intrigued by the mechanical engineering of things before my introduction to computers and loved tearing things apart to reveal how they worked, and I've never looked back. I still enjoy mentally and physically dismantling everyday things around me, I will one day apply these desires and interests into a combined entity one day and feel it will be a great thing!

I thank each and everyone involved with the Mint project and I hope to contribute as much of my time and expertise as possible to help others learn and grow in this exciting area. Once I find out how and what I can do to contribute to the project I'm sure to add benefits to the masses in areas fo the Mint environment.

If anyone has any suggestions for me, please feel free to let me know.

Salutations!

Kevin
ServerGuru
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Hello Fellow Minters!

Postby vrkalak on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:00 am

Welcome to LinuxMint :mrgreen:

Read everything you can -- Forums - Wiki - IRC

Linux: Tricks of the Trade > viewtopic.php?f=60&t=38355
What works for Ubuntu, usually works for Mint > http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/
Linux Alternative to Windows > http://www.linuxalt.com/

Remember, all OS-Distro, Apps, DE/WM are Open-Source and have a Help-Forum
:: LinuxMint-Debian-Edition (Fluxbox) :: Manjaro/Arch (Xfce) ::
Registered Linux User: #497031 :: DeviantART Page
vrkalak
Level 10
Level 10

Postby The-Wizard on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:34 am

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
asus M2N-MX board, AMD x2 6000 amd/ati graphics 4x1mb ddr2, 21" HD screen Mint 16-64 cinnamon
Acer ZG5 -peppermint dell 1545 mint 16-64

"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that i don't know the answer " [Douglas Adams]
The-Wizard
Level 8
Level 8

Postby jahid on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:20 am

Welcome to the Mint familly.......
jahid@HP ProBook 440 G1 Laptop
jahid
Level 5
Level 5

Postby ServerGuru on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:50 am

Thank you all for the warm and delightful welcome to the community. I'm sure to expand my knowledge and transfer that to as many as possible.

If someone coule point me in the right direction on how to become a contributor and the steps to get there, please let me know.

My weak area is in bash scripting and am looking forward to gaining additional knowledge into writing them more effeciently, so any help there can and will be absorbed.

Being in a linux admin role for my company, I'm currently working in RHEL, CentOS and some AIX (which I know nothing about). Hopefully I can convice others to joint the Mint movement to keep it expanded and improved upon.

Happy Minting!

SG
ServerGuru
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Crewp on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:54 am

Welcome to Linux Mint, :D
Crewp
Level 5
Level 5

Postby jesica on Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:47 am

Greetings from the Mint family :P

My Linux Counter number # 566377
Mate
IT Ninja
Happy apt-get-ing!
Linux Mint Donar # 2159

Security is the separation of an asset from a threat.
jesica
Level 8
Level 8

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Introduce yourself