There you go ,delivered the first install today.
Didn't went as smooth as I thought.
Seems the preparation of the desktop, I did that right next to the wifi router ,and at that time I didn't have any problems.
But once over there at the customer,it seems that the wifi usb stick (TPlink TP-WN823N) didn't work as expected.
This was luckily fixed by a Linksys usb stick (can't remember the model) I had lying around.
So next time, I'll test the wifi first from a greater distance.
What I suspect is that the buildin driver only used 11-b , instead of 11-g or 11-n.
A problem that I thought was fixed wasn't : scanner capabilities of the brother laser all in one printer.
In order to fix this one , I had to chmod the files of the brother driver for all other : sudo chmod o+wr /dev/bus/usb/00*/*
But this fix didn't stick ,and was gone after the first reboot. So I still need to implement a permanent fix.
But all in all , I think the end user -an old lady of 75 y old- will remain using it.
AND good news : I have my second order in in for someone ,willing to try it as well. This time it'll be a laptop. Acer. Really looking forward.
The thing I'm missing are good linux conversion tools that can convert the mails from outlook express ,and outlook towards mbox. This conversion was done by using an intermediate IMAP google account.
Can't wait anyhow to get the Linux Mint 17 xfce ,that'll incorporate more and better drivers. (very important for itunes and iphone 7).
Keeping you posted chaps. Installation number is slowly closing in