Miez introducing

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.

Miez introducing

Postby miez on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:41 am

Hi guys,

Just want to introduce myself here. Already made some posts here, but I din't introduce myself. I must say I'm very impressed with Linux Mint. I found it even better then Ubuntu. Almost everything works out of the box! :D No need to install codecs, flash etc. I have an old soundcard, and it doesn't work under Windows 7, so if I want to switch to Windows 7 I have to buy a new one. But Linux Mint recognizes my soundcard instantly :D and no need to buy a new one. The only thing I had to manually install was my wifi usb adapter and printer. Wich wasn't to hard fortunately. Using dual boot with Windows XP here, because I want to play Fifa 10 often and it doesn't work under Linux Mint 9 :( otherwise I would remove Windows completely. But maybe someday I will switch over to Linux completely.

Keep up the good work :)
miez
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Miez introducing

Postby Aging Technogeek on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:26 am

Welcome to Mint and the Mint forum. I'm sure you will continue to be impressed and happy with Mint.

Registered Linux User 483387
Aging Technogeek
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Miez introducing

Postby Oscar799 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:14 am

Hello miez,
Welcome
Glad you have everything up and running.
You'll find lots of useful information here on Mint Forum,on the community site http://community.linuxmint.com/,and on our IRC channels,just open XChat(Mint Menu>Internet>XChat) and you will be connected automatically,or click the link below in my signature bar.
"Don't fix it if it ain't broken,don't break it if you can't fix it" Husse
Registered Linux User #511789
Oscar799
Level 18
Level 18

Return to Introduce yourself