Hi Folks

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.

Hi Folks

Postby frogimus on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:28 pm

Hello everyone. I've been using Linux for several years, and have tried most major distros. I've mainly stuck to Gentoo the last few years because I like to tweak.

Finally got old and cranky enough to decide to use something that works without a lot of operator intervention and remembered how smooth Mint was (tried Felicia a while back).

Wow. I must say, the installer blew me away. That is. without a doubt, the easiest and most intuitive installer I have ever encountered. I have XP on sda, my linux disk is sdb, and the last 2 are 2Tb drives with my movie collection (all legit, I buy a DVD and copy the ISO straight to this system so I can serve it to the whole house on demand). This is absolutely the first installer I've allowed to format my linux partitions without manually partitioning. (I was a little nervous doing that though)

So far, everything I've installed has been good to go straight off the .deb

Kudos to a great OS

BTW, the x86_64 version of mint 9 from University of Tennessee stops after 5Mb
frogimus
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Hi Folks

Postby Aging Technogeek on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:41 pm

frogimus,

Welcome to Mint and the Mint forum. Hope you continue to enjoy our little distro for a long time.

I've noticed that problem with the UT mirror myself. I used to use the Amarillo mirror exclusively but it has been downgraded. Recently, I've been using Doctor Server and have had good luck there.

Registered Linux User 483387
Aging Technogeek
Level 13
Level 13

Return to Introduce yourself