Greetings...

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AcolyteVersion1

Greetings...

Post by AcolyteVersion1 »

Hi all,

New to the forums, but I've been tinkering with Mint now since 7... possibly 6. Always in VMs, since I've not taken the final plunge into ditching Windows yet (I'm a C# developer, so it's a little nerve racking to consider ditching the prime platform I work on.... but Mono and more open languages keep calling to me and tempting me to the Linux platform).

Anyhow, just wanted to say, this is an absolutely fantastic distro and one I find myself coming back to time and time again, not to mention one I've already converted several friends over to when the wonders of virus problems in XP and the price of a fresh copy of Vista/7 have scared them off of Windows. Toying with finally making the plunge away from Windows full time now myself, and I'm thinking Mint is going to be the one I go with. 10.04 of Ubuntu is the best offering they've released yet, but experience has taught me that every Linux VM I've got has ended up being converted to Mint eventually, so it stands to reason my main OS will end up the same way.

Final thought: Thanks for a brilliant distro, and more over, a fantastic community. In all my toying with Mint, the community has always been a stand out. The forums and IRC always seem incredibly helpful and pleasant, and it's definitely a bonus that pulls me towards moving to Mint full time :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Greetings...

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello AcolyteVersion1,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is another Mint resource you may not have discovered yet http://community.linuxmint.com/ which has information about compatible hardware,software reviews and a growing collection of tutorials.
AcolyteVersion1

Re: Greetings...

Post by AcolyteVersion1 »

Thanks for the welcome, and for the link too. I actually hadn't seen that bit of the site before. Looks very interesting - I suspect I just found something to occupy a good chunk of my afternoon (actually, that and installing Mint 9 on an old virus riddled laptop for a friend at work ;))

Return to “Introduce Yourself”