Hello

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Grr

Hello

Post by Grr »

Hi,
I've already posted a question in the forum's before finding this bit, this is a whole new experience to me, linux, forum's and community. The answer's to my questions were swift and polite and took into account my total inexperience with linux, very impressed with my first small venture into the world of Mint.
It is my intention to use Mint as my main operating system after becoming totally disillusioned with the little blue circle that keeps going round forever in a certain other o/s.
I'm attracted to Mint because of the 'out of the box' possiblities and hope to be able to run it with as little third party software as possible, I do however, have a bucketload of stuff to learn.............
As a total newcomer one of my aims is to be able to write a tutorial for newcomer's to Mint based on my own experience and challenges, a kind of handbook for the beginner with scattered information collated into one guide, to give a little back as an appreciation for the operating system and advice being freely given.
Don't expect it for a while yet though, I'm busy making notes :lol:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Hello

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello Grr,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
Linux can seem like another planet if you've spent a few years in the other place
There is lots of information here and on the community site http://community.linuxmint.com/ to help you find your way around.
Also,we have IRC channels #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat,on MintMenu choose Internet then open XChat and you will be connected to them automatically.
Have fun exploring
frogimus

Post by frogimus »

Learning with the intention to teach is true learning.

Whether you make the guide or not, you will learn better with the goal.
thomasalawson

Post by thomasalawson »

Same here. Just got Linux (Mint) set up on a notebook, with a dual boot on my desktop.

Having the usual startup troubles - logging on to the net.

Trying to follow guidances from a help page I opened Terminal and found this:

{~_~}
{Y}
()~*~()
(_)~(_)
thomas@dit~$

I find this more than a bit curious. Any ideas?

Tom
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello thomasalawson
ASCII art creatures of one sort or another appear in the terminal,I don't think I've ever seen that one though,
Here's what I found a minute ago in mine

Return to “Introduce Yourself”