Hello all, I'm AJ

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hotnikkelz

Hello all, I'm AJ

Post by hotnikkelz »

28 yrs old, I'm from the Caribbean (Trinidad &Tobago to be precise)
New to Mint of course, I decided to try it after migrating from Ubuntu, Ilke the interface etc. Would love to continue using it as my main OS. I would also like to support the community and create some artwork, starting with icons. I don't know where to start though. I'd probably need a list or something of all the stock icons, then i'll move on to the 3rd party apps. This will be a long term project of mine, as long as I have the time :) Eventually I'd like to start theming as well but icons come first i guess.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Hello all, I'm AJ

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello AJ,
Welcome to Mint Forum
New icons and themes are always welcome :P
These links may be useful
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeArt/Tutorials/IconThemes
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeArt/Tutorials/GtkThemes

Another idea is to find a theme or icon set you like which works on your system,make a copy of it and open it up and explore it to see how it all fits together,then have a try at customising it,starting with something simple and progressing from there.
Have fun
dawgdoc

Re: Hello all, I'm AJ

Post by dawgdoc »

Welcome Haris and AJ.

AJ, the artwork will be warmly appreciated. There is an artwork section of the forums which may be useful to you.
In there is an active bunch continually changing there desktops; Unofficial Post Your Linux Mint Desktop Thread

You will find there are several users actively creating wallpapers and logos.

Welcom

Return to “Introduce Yourself”