Greetings. I'm new to these boards.

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
memcginn

Greetings. I'm new to these boards.

Post by memcginn »

Hi, Linux Mint people. My name is Michael. I've been a Mint fan since Gloria, and I'm using Isadora now. Got into Linux with Ubuntu 8.04, around the time that 8.10 came out, so I've been using Linux since about 2009. I believe 2009-01-03 was the day I installed Ubuntu on my hard disk for the first time, after spending a couple of months researching distros and playing with live CDs.

The terminal is my best friend after a class I took at my University called "Effective Programming in C and Unix" (Fall 2009; I passed with an A), but I greatly appreciate the easy, friendly-looking graphical experience that Mint offers.

I joined because I want to create a netbook CE and I have an idea on how I would do it, so I'll go over to those boards and see what I can learn from people.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Greetings. I'm new to these boards.

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello Michael,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
Glad to hear you are an experienced terminal user - it's a steep learning curve,you may be able to help others become more familiar with it.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”