a new guy hits the spot...

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
caspa

a new guy hits the spot...

Post by caspa »

hi,

i'm pretty a newbie on this linux business and i want to know more about this os.
so thats why i choose mint lxde, because my laptop (COMPAQ evo n800c) is pretty old.

maybe this os can change my oppinion about linux ;)

btw: i'm from germany and 25 years old...
hope this will work :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: a new guy hits the spot...

Post by Aging Technogeek »

caspa,

Welcome to Mint and the Mint forums. Do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have now or may have in future. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here who are more than willing to help and firmly believe the words posted in red at the top of the Newbie Questions Section
There are no such things as "stupid" questions.

My addition to this is "The only stupid question is the one you do not ask."

So ask away whenever you need help. The only thing we ask is that you read this and try to be as complete as possible when supplying information with a question. The more you can tell us, the easier it will be to diagnose your problem.

One last word of advice. Always remember that Linux is not Windows. Most things will work differently in Linux so be prepared to do a lot of learning.

If you are serious about it, Linux is easy to learn and, when you have been using it for a few months, you may start to wonder why you didn't switch from Windows a long time ago.
jesica

Post by jesica »

Welcome

it is free and virus free

haha

Linux Rocks
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome to the Mint community. It's friendly and fun, too :D
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
caspa

Post by caspa »

thanks... :D

now i'm trying some things, but it takes its time to get around with it :D
its irritating, that some things i'm normally used to change i won't find at all...but i think its just temporaly. :mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”